Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving


I simply love Thanksgiving. The coziness of it and the sense of family makes me feel all warm and toasty inside. The last of the relatives just left after an absolute perfect evening of eating, laughing, and enjoying time together. We feasted on grilled turkey by the master chef, my daddy :) I made a green bean casserole, as well as a new dish found in my Everyday Italian cookbook by Giada De Laurentiis called Verdure al Forno. It is absolutely scrumptious! I also helped my sister make a delicious baked mac & cheese. My mom and grandmother made pumpkin pie, chocolate pie, and derby pie. All in all, it was quite a successful meal and I am positively stuffed.

More importantly though, I have so much to be thankful for. I have been thinking lately on the people that make my life what it is and how much I love everything they are to me. I am so incredibly blessed with an amazing family and wonderful friends. I love where I am in life right now. It's been a very interesting year for me, with tons of changes along the way, but there is so much that I have learned and I have grown in so many ways. I wouldn't trade it for a thing.

With that said, I hope you all take the time this evening to think about the people and things in your life that you are grateful for, and I hope you all have had a lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment